Having a number of high-quality backlinks is the most important element when it comes to getting found online, but if you’ve found this page, you probably already knew this.
If you can bring in a slew of high quality, relevant, authoritative backlinks to your site, you’ll see an increase in traffic and revenues that builds steadily over time.
In the economy of digital marketing, good-quality backlinks are like gold. Ever-valuable and dependable for the long-term.
Though difficult to do in practice, the process for getting backlinks is straightforward:
1) create great content that people will want to link to
2) find “likely linkers" and convince them to link to your content
That’s it. Sounds easy, right?
Many digital marketing agencies claim to do link building or "white hat” SEO, but don’t really do it the right way.
True link building requires creativity, persistence, strong communication skills, and time. It requires that you connect with people and convince them to do something that benefits you (give you a link) in exchange for something that will help them.
Because of this, it’s very tough to do at scale.
When a marketing agency is doing all sorts of other things (on-page SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, etc.), it’s very unlikely they have the time or knowhow to do link building properly.
Given these challenges, it’s no wonder many marketing agencies that say they build links instead opt for shortcuts such as PBNs or other sketchy grey hat / black hat techniques that put their clients at risk with Google.
By focusing only on building quality links and nothing else, we’re able to do link building the right way, and we’re entirely transparent with you every step of the way.
Here’s our process at a high level:
- We research your industry in depth and learn what content is going to be “home-run” quality content
- We work with you to create it (or use your existing if you already have it)
- We reach out to online publications (blogs and authoritative sites) and convince them to share your content with their readers.
The benefits of this are two-fold:
1) As you gain backlinks, you rise in search results and see organic search traffic increases
2) You get direct “referral” traffic from everyone who clicks on the link.
Together, this is a powerful one-two punch that yields a steady increase in visitors and revenues for your business.
Exactly what happens when you become a client >>
Our clients typically fall into one of three categories:
- Business owners of smaller businesses who are savvy about digital marketing and understand the need for backlinks
- Marketing or Digital Marketing leaders at medium to large-sized businesses who understand the value of link building and don’t have the resources to do it in-house
- PR or Web agencies who have clients that would like link building but don’t have the capabilities in house.
If you already have a digital marketing person or SEO person on your team, that’s great! Those are the ideal situations for us. We act as an extension of what they do, and complement their on-page SEO efforts.
Josh Elkin has 4 years of experience helping companies grow their business through online marketing and link building. He has an MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management, where he studied analytical marketing, and has an undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis. Josh lives in Seattle, WA, and enjoys hiking, skiing, cooking and exploring the beautiful outdoors around the Seattle area.
Josh runs Best Coast with the help of our campaign manager extraordinaire, Ashley Barnes, who is also based in Seattle, as well as two remote workers that help us create our list of link targets and pull email addresses. We're a lean, mean team and we like it that way!
"The LI Lead Generation campaign absolutely nailed it last month. It was our top lead generator with 44 new leads and 4 that are already progressing down the sales pipeline. In total we’ve got 62 leads in our database from the campaign, all of which the sales team will spend time nurturing.”
In this post we reverse-engineer some of our client's competitors to see what kind of content they are creating and how that translates to new revenueRead story